Composition Sunitinib Malate Capsules 25mg
Primary Use Kidney cancer, Gastrointestinal stromal tumour
Medicine Overview of Sutent Capsule
Uses of Sutent Capsule
Sutent 25mg Capsule is used in the treatment of kidney cancer and gastrointestinal stromal tumour.
Sutent Capsule side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Edema (swelling), Rash, Abdominal pain, Loss of appetite, Dyspepsia, Discoloration of skin, Fatigue, Fever, Dry skin, Bleeding, Increased blood pressure, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Painful blisters on hands and feet, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair discolouration.
How to use Sutent Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Sutent 25mg Capsule may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Sutent Capsule works
Sutent 25mg Capsule is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Sutent Capsule
Expert advice for Sutent Capsule
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: high blood pressure, blood disease, bleeding problems, or bruising, heart problems, abnormal blood clots in your arteries or veins causing stroke, chest pain or pain/swelling in legs, hypothyroidism (under-functioning) of thyroid gland, pancreatic or gallbladder disorders, liver problems or jaundice, skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders including infectious/non-infectious skin rashes, diabetes or seizure disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you have or are going to undergo a surgery, including dental surgery.
- Sunitinib can cause dizziness and unusual tiredness. Do not drive or operate machinery or engage in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination, until you feel fine.
- Sunitinib may cause your skin to turn yellow and your hair to lighten and lose color. This is normal and not a cause for concern.
- Your blood pressure should be checked regularly while you are taking sunitinib as it may cause high blood pressure.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Sutent Capsule related warnings
Special precautions for Sutent Capsule
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Sutent 25mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Sutent 25mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Sutent 25mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Sutent 25mg Capsule is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Sutent 25mg Capsule is recommended.
Sutent 25mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Sutent 25mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited information is available on the use of Sutent 25mg Capsule in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
What if you miss a dose of Sutent Capsule?
If you miss a dose of Sutent 25mg Capsule, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.